Branding : 7 Different Aspects to Branding from Siddharth Rajsekar’s huge experience
Liked this Video session by Sidharth Rajsekar very much. In fact I was struggling to understand how to establish my brand. I had started writing on Medium, Quora, Linked in, and also opened an Account on Instagram, Business profile page on Facebook, and started posting contents without proper direction. This session was an eye opener, as there were wonderful takeaways for me to help me start my journey with tips given in this video. With lots of gratitude to Sid , here are the takeaways for me , which can also be referred to by all my friends.
The contents were basically covered under 7 areas those being
- What is branding and why it is important
- How to build a personal brand
- Strategy for business branding
- Key Elements / Strategy for Branding on Youtube,
- Key Elements / Strategy for Branding on Instagram
- Key Elements / Strategy for Branding on Facebook
- Top 10 Elements for Branding
These will provide guidance on how to build a personal and business brand, get connected to our niche and contribute to the world.
1 What is branding:
This is distinguished by 3 main aspects of Value, Emotion and Identity.
How the brand delivers its Value, How it connects emotionally with you, what the brand stands for and what is it’s identity: meaning their logo, the look and feel, the energy, the customer experience and so on.
If these are perfect, your brand will have a greater recall value
- Why is it important to build your Personal Brand and how you can build your personal Brand .
People generally connect with your persona, so they first buy you and then go into products under your Brand, and the 5 different elements for building the Personal Brand are Core, Design, System, Contents and Community
Core :- You need to identify the core elements ie What is the problem that you are going to solve, Who do you solve that problem for, what channels do they hang out on, and what contents will resonate with them, the Audience.
Design consists of 4 elements which are the Photoshoot, the Logo , the Fonts/ Brand colours and Design
As it’s a personal Brand, your photo shot properly can make a huge difference to the personal branding. The look and feel can be standardized with the same fonts and same color combinations used across your Website/ PPTs, Community and other products and services your brand stands for. The personal Signature Logo and Community Logo if used appropriately can make a high impact in the brand recall value to your customers.
System : You should focus on getting a Personal Branded Website where you are able to exercise more controls, in addition to publishing contents on different Social Media Channels. Valuable contents on Social Media channels can lead your fans to visit your personal branded website to know more and more about you, which can make you more credible and authoritative. The Branded personal website should be designed to convey all details to the readers like your core Message and Mission, what you stand for , Social proof, testimonials, endorsements, reviews, links to your Social Media handles and so on.
Contents: You should have a good strategy for publishing your contents. These can be in the form of Long Form ( like the You tube Videos), Short form and Paid contents for the students/ clients who have joined the Community for accessing the paid courses, coaching and contents
Community : is basically the groups that we become a part of. The community always remains loyal to you, and becomes the main element or the resource, which helps you. You can have a community built with groups created on Facebook for the Public as well as a separate private network for your paid members, and so on.
- Strategy for branding your business: Here also the core value remains same, that of a consistent and powerful message and mission which your business stands for. Strategy has to be driven by your Products and Services which begins with your Funnels. The third branding strategy being conversions of Leads including lead generation, and sales strategy using webinars and master classes.
4 Key Elements / Strategy for Branding on YouTube,: You tube is the preferred source as the content posted there will remain forever in the public domain. It is strategized as a Long term Plan, sustainable and standing the test of time, and will be used years after the same is published.
Here the 5 core elements are
1) Right Channel Art with the same standardized look and feel, attractive and aligned to your business
2). Posting after doing research on appropriate keywords relevant to your topic,
3.Proper scheduling of the Contents, consistent posting to help build your audience and You tube Algorithms’
- Long form content to give value to your audience and 5. The style of Production, unique and specific to you like using Mind map/ PPTs etc.
- Key Elements / Strategy for Branding on Instagram : In addition to optimizing your profile with relevant and important information, hashtags , branding the highlights, branding and standardizing the look and feel with placement of branded Reels/ videos to provide teaser contents, Carousels with scrollable tips and Call To Actions , Using Quotes, and addition of lifestyle pics which garner more likes, and comments . These will increase engagement and your brand Value
6.Key Elements / Strategy for Branding on Facebook : In addition to your Profile Page, Your pages for the Fans with strong message matter a lot for branding. Having a Group for your community on Facebook would reap lots of comments and takeaways by the paid clients who attend your sessions. These add lots of value to building your brand over time .
7 Top 10 Elements for Branding
The brief but precise consolidated points gave clarity on how to proceed with one’s Branding so that we could communicate our core message and mission to the world. The top 10 elements are focusing on the Missions/ Message, Logo, Fonts, Colours, Website, Social Media, Contents, Funnels, Community and Results achieved by your clients. All should have standardized and consistent branded look and feel conveying your mission and message You need to have all these 10 elements in place to make your Brand remarkable, relatable and recallable
Thank you for providing this valuable information which is going to help me in a big way .
Pl watch Siddharth Rajsekar’s session on You tube here at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m298ktnv6Gk